Why did each of you choose Realize over Lap-band?

pooky032281
on 8/14/10 11:50 am
 Just curious...I am a couple weeks away from my surgery and was wondering why you all made the choice you made....I am still tossing it around, but I tend to lean more toward the Realize band.
Tom C.
on 8/14/10 9:32 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

The reason I went with the Realize band is because in all my research, I noticed in Europe folks had better success with the either the mid-band (which is not done here) or the Swedish Adjustable Gastric Band. When I asked my Doctor why these bands aren’t done, he laughed and said the SAGB was being done in States, but the company was bought out by J&J and rebranded the Realize band.

Plus the Realize My Success website was another feature I liked.  

No matter what, each band is good and will help – AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW THE RULES!!!!!!!! It’s not the BAND that makes a person a success or not.

Not matter what band you chose, know I am here to help you

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
pooky032281
on 8/15/10 2:17 am
 That's the major reason I am leaning toward Realize.  Also, I like the fact that the port is a lower profile and that the band has a single balloon instead of divided up like the Lap-band.  My doc says if I haven't made up my mind, he'll just flip a coin.  He said he doesn't have a preference as to which one to use.  Thanks for the help, Tom!  

Twinels2
on 8/16/10 1:56 am - Morgantown , PA
I chose realize because it seemed to be the one my doctor preferred. I also liked the web site for the realize band. It seemed to have more follow up and such.
Sharon
MaMa_M
on 8/16/10 3:06 am - MI
My surgeon says they are essentially the same so he had no preference for me. I however did like the lower profile port.
MaMa M

ralphsgirl2
on 8/17/10 6:33 am
I chose the Realize band because the port on the LapBand is higher and the Realize Band is wider, but, flatter, also;  my surgeon told me that the LapBand port has to be attached to the abdomen with sutures and the Realize Band port is attached directly to the abdomen with what looks like little hooks directly on and possible less recup time because of no sutures.
trying2findmyself
on 8/20/10 12:46 am - Allen, OK
I had the realize band April 28th 2010 and I have had no problems whatsoever. I Love it and would highly reccomend it, check my profile out and see what success I have had. Plus the Realize My Success website is Awesome! Best of Luck in your Decision. Have a Great Weekend!

NaughtyZute
on 8/20/10 4:29 am - Climax, MI
Just wondering if you know that your profile says "lap band" rather than "Realize lap band"  No big deal, just thought maybe you didn't know that there are two different choices here for lap band.

If you don't like your life, change the way you're living

Most Active